After finishing their secondary education in non-medical fields, pupils' top career choice is engineering. For its application, engineering requires creative and imaginative science, mathematics, and technology.
After finishing secondary school, most people pursue engineering programmes, particularly the B. Tech programme, which lasts around four years and is followed by a two-year M. Tech degree in engineering. Not only this, after completing their degrees, students get a good package placement if they have completed their education from a well-known institution.
Not only do top-rated government engineering institutions exist in India, but so do top-rated private engineering institutes with good placement rates. Engineering or B. Tech degrees in various fields are provided to students at several institutions throughout India.
This article from SchoolOkay will examine the best private engineering institutions in India that not only have a decent infrastructure but also give a high placement rate to students.
10 India's top private engineering institutes
Not only do all engineering government institutions, or IITs, provide students with a high placement rate, but several private-sector colleges and universities also provide students with a high placement rate in addition to a decent compensation, infrastructure, and other benefits.
The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology is one of India's most prominent private engineering schools. It is situated in Patiala and is UGC approved.
- Thapar Institute is ranked 23rd on the NIRF list of best colleges.
- Admission to Thapar Institute is based on JEE Mains test scores, and more than 5000 engineering students are now enrolled in this institution.
- The Thapar Institute was founded in 1956 and is accredited by AIU. Thapar Institute has a high placement rate, with the largest placement package provided to a student studying here last year being 42 lakes per year.
- This institution provides approximately 80 programmes in many subjects, such as science, management, technology, and others. BE, B. Tech, M. Tech, and ME programmes are available here. Rest you can get info from Thapar institute's official website.
Tamil Nadu is home to the Vellore Institute of Technology. This institution is regarded as India's best private engineering college.
- According to NIRF, Vellore Institute of Technology college is ranked 15th.
- This institution has a solid infrastructure that encompasses 372 acres and has over 20,000 engineering students that study here.
- Not only that, but the institution has a decent housing capacity and has yearly fests for students every year. For students' convenience here, the student library is also accessible at the institution.
- This institution's faculty-to-student ratio is 1:3, which is pretty outstanding. Students must, however, pass the VITEEE test if they want to be admitted to this institution.
- When it comes to research, this institution is doing a fantastic job. Taking this into account, the number of PhD students here exceeds 3000.
- VITEEE provides both full-time as well as part-time PHD programmes to its students. The average package provided to engineering students is 8.19 lakh per year, with the top package claimed to be 75 lakh per annum.
- VIT Vellore provides 66 undergraduate, 58 postgraduate, and 15 integrative courses, as well as Mtech and research programmes.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Institution, which was founded in 1994, is one of the private deemed universities for engineering students. It is located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, and is also known as AVV University.
- This institution establishes a multifunctional university with six sites and fifteen schools. It provides almost 207 courses, all of which are changeable in around 12 distinct disciplines.
- Not only that, but the institution has an excellent infrastructure, with six campuses spread over 400 acres of land. This institution is a member of the UGC, NAAC, NABL, and NABH. AVV provides a full-time education system with undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programs.
- In terms of NIRF university rating, it is ranked 4th, but in terms of overall ranking, it is ranked 15th.
- The highest pay package available is 43.33 lakh per year, while the average salary package available is 5.4 lakh per annum. This college accepts students who have passed the AEEE, JEE Mains, and SAT tests.
The Birla Institute of Science and Technology was founded in 1964 and is situated in Rajasthan. The NAAC has awarded it an A rating.
- More than 13,000 engineering students have been completing their studies at Bits Pilani. BITS Pilani has a lovely campus that spans roughly 327 acres of land.
- In terms of private engineering colleges in India, it is rated first, while universities are placed seventeenth.
- The entrance tests for college admission are BITSAT, BITS HD, and BITS DOMBITS.
- The highest placement compensation awarded to a BITS student is 1.33 crore, while the average placement package is 3 lakhs every year.
- The campus is home to around 3,500 students and 300 academic staff. BITS Pilani is the only institution with multiple labs concentrating on the scientific and technological square, as well as India's first technical museum, the Birla Museum.
Overall, one of the greatest private engineering institutes for students, with an excellent placement package.
Amity University is based in Noida and offers over 100 undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral programmes.
- Amity University provides both full-time and part-time courses, as well as distance learning programmes.
- This university's selection criteria include JEE mains scores, English tests, and PI tests; however, this is just for B.tech courses; the remainder has a separate selection method.
- According to the previous year's data, Amity University has a solid package placement with the maximum package provided being Rs 21.15 lakh per year, and the average package is Rs 5 lakh per annum.
Amity University has a large and attractive infrastructure that includes a library, dormitories, a cafeteria, and other lovely amenities for students to have a homely and comfortable study experience.
Siksha O Anusandhan University is a university that was founded in 2007.
- This institution has received an A+ rating from the NBA, NABH, NABL, NAAC, and ABET. This SPA has received acknowledgement from the UGC, SIRO, and AICTE.
- In terms of ranking, it was rated 14 by NIRF in the dentistry category and 20 by NIRF in the overall category last year.
- SOA provides more than 50 courses, with the major courses being B. Tech, BDS, and M. Tech.
- Admission to this institution is done online and is based on merit and the SAAT exam. This institution offers PhD programmes in 14 distinct specialisation areas.
- According to data, the university's greatest placement package is 42 lakh per year, and it has a wonderful infrastructure with one central, nine institutional, and 42 departmental libraries for the benefit of students.
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, is also known as BIT, Mesra. It was founded in 1955 and is located in Mesra, Jharkhand.
- The NAAC has accredited BIT Mesra, which is also authorised by the AICTE and the UGC. It provides 58 courses in eight streams to students. Scholarship admission is available at this institution based on merit. BIT enrols 3200 students in both the undergraduate and graduate programmes.
- The institution is located on a lovely 780-acre campus and is rated 85th in the overall category by NIRF.
- The highest placement compensation granted to students is 40.63 lakhs per year, with an average payout of 10.40 lakhs per year.
- BIT Mesra provides students with both offline and online education options, as well as integrated courses.
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology, and Research Academy, or SASTRA University, is a deemed university in Tamil Nadu that was founded in 1984.
- This private deemed university has a 232-acre campus and is affiliated with UGC. This college is accredited by NAAC, TCS, and the Institutions of Engineering.
- NIRF ranks this institution in the top 40 in the engineering area. This institution provides a B. Tech programme, which is the university's flagship subject.
- According to the previous year's data, the feed for B. Tech only students needs to have a strong score in JEE Mains combined with certain other exam clearances, and the feed for B Tech is 1, 67,000.
The Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, founded in 1992, is India's first five-star university.
- This university holds IET, NBA, and NAAC accreditations, as well as a grade of A. This university is accredited by the UGC, AICTE, INC, MCI, DCI, and BCI.
- KIIT, Bhubaneswar was rated 21st out of all private colleges and universities by NIRF. The two major courses offered by this institution are B. Tech and MBA.
- The admission test is KIITEE, and students must pay a fee of Rs. 14.91 lakhs.
- According to the previous year's statistics, the highest placement compensation awarded to a university student is INR 40 lakh per year.
KIIT features its own library, food court, sports facility, and health facilities. Overall, it provides a lovely infrastructure for the kids.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology was founded in 2004 as a private engineering institution. It has a great group of masters who can help students learn about their field in depth.
- The college's main course is the B. Tech. It has a NAAC A+ rating and has been authorised by UGC.
- The SRM Institute offers 29 courses in 14 areas. Students can enrol in the courses and get information from official websites as well.
- The SRM Institute provides undergraduate and graduate programmes. The majority of admissions are dependent on the results of the entrance exams.
- A student from SRM Ramapuram has been awarded the highest placement compensation of Rs 42.5 lakh per year. According to the previous year's data, almost 1800 students were given placement.
- It has a campus size of 19.4 acres. This institution has a large infrastructure that includes a library, dorms, healthcare facilities, a wonderful staff, and well-structured classrooms for students to learn in.
After 12th grade, engineering is the most popular career choice and the most preferable career option for students. Graduating from a reputable institution will enable you to get an excellent placement package and a rewarding job.
This is a list of numerous private-sector engineering institutions that have been rated as the best by the NIRF. This article will give you an idea of what you may anticipate from various private colleges throughout India.
Share and subscribe to the blog by email.