The National Eligibility and Entrance Test (NEET) will most likely be held in June or July. This exam is given by the NTA every year. Every year, a large number of students take this exam. As a result, competition is fierce. Those who wish to take this examination must follow a set of rules.
In this article, we will go over the rules, age limit, application form, and other information you should be aware of. Not only that, but once the exam results are released, we will assist you in understanding the counselling process. If you read the article, you will learn everything you need to know.
Why should you go for NEET?
Anyone interested in becoming a doctor is required to take the NEET exam. After passing NEET, a candidate is eligible for admission to medical programmes such as MBBS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS/BDS, and others.
According to new government rules, there is no separate test for MBBS admission in AIIMS and JIPMER; instead, candidates must pass the NEET examination in order to be admitted to these prestigious institutions.
NEET Exam Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who intend to take the NEET examination must meet the NEET eligibility requirements.
Candidates must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2002, in order to apply for or appear in the Neet examination.
Previously, the upper age limit for taking the Neet examination was supposed to be 25 years, but aspirants petitioned the Supreme Court to change that. As a result, there is no upper age limit until the court's decision is issued. The examination is open to candidates of any age.
There is also no such thing as several attempts rule. Every year, an aspirant can take the NEET exam.
Nationality for NEET examination.
Candidates with Indian nationality are eligible to take the exam. In addition, OCIs, PIOs, NRIs, and Foreign Nationals can take the NEET exam.
Qualifications in education
Candidates who have completed their 10+2 class in PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with at least 50% marks are eligible to take the NEET examination.
Those from the reserved category may apply if they received at least 40% in their NEET examination.
Candidates who chose biology as an additional subject in addition to other subjects in class 10+2 are also eligible to take the NEET exam.
Candidates who have taken their board exams and are awaiting their results are eligible to take the exam.
Application form for NEET exam details
NTA will implement a two-phase application process in 2021. According to this, candidates must fill out the form twice. One form must be completed prior to taking the NEET exam, while the other must be completed and submitted before downloading results. Previously, candidates were only required to fill out the form before taking the exam.
Here's how to fill out the NEET application form
First, the candidate must register for the NEET examination.
- To do so, the candidate must first create an NTA NEET registration number and password by visiting the NTA NEET official website.
- The following step to complete the application form is: The candidate must provide personal information, paper medium (language preference), examination centre preference, educational qualification, and other information in this section.
- Keep your photographs handy for the next step. The candidate must scan and upload two photographs, one passport size and one postcard size. Along with this signature, please include your left-hand thumbprint, a copy of your class 10th certificate in the same format as the guidelines for uploading photographs, and your NEET signature.
- The final step in the registration process is to pay the fees. Candidates must pay their fees using the UPI App, a debit card, a credit card, net banking, or an e-wallet.
After the preceding steps have been completed, candidates can download the final application form for their records.
NEET exam application fees
The application fees for different categories differed in the previous year's NEET examination.
- It was Rs 1500 for the general category.
- The registration fee was 1400 Rs for OBCs and EWS.
- It was Rs 800 for SC/ST/PWD.
- The registration fee for candidates from outside India was 7500 Rs.
(This data is from the previous year; new data may differ.)
Documents required to complete the NEET application form
- Photographs in passport and postcard sizes (document sizes ranging from 10-200 kb (JPG).
- Signature of the candidate (document size ranging from 4 to 30 kb) (JPG).
- Thumb impression on the left hand (document size 10-200 kb) (JPG).
- Certificate of Completion for Class 10 (document size 50 – 300kb)(PDF).
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS, for example) (document size 50 – 300kb)(PDF).
- Citizenship certificate/embassy certificate or any Documentary Proof of Citizenship certificate (document size 50 – 300kb)(PDF).
- PwBD certificate (document size ranging from 50 to 300kb) (PDF) (If there is one).
Phase 2 NEET application form
Candidates must first fill out an online application form before they can access their NEET results. The information listed below should be included in that form.
Personal information - category, mode of preparation, minorities (if any), and whether or not the candidate is the only child (in case of female candidates)
Educational information- pass status, year of passing, place of school, type of school, qualifying exam state, board name, mode of result, maximum grade point, total CGPA, roll number, marks obtained, marks in number, marks in percentage, and so on for the tenth and twelfth grades (or if any other).
Earnings of parents
Additional information such as the candidate's birthplace, state, district, and so on.
There is no compensation for completing this form.
It is simply a requirement under the new rules in order to download the results.
Corrections to the NEET form
If a candidate made a mistake when filling out the form. Then, prior to the NEET examination, the correction window is opened. This correction window is free for those who want to double-check or modify their application form.
- In the application form, NEET candidates can change the following details: mother's name, father's name, category, gender, a person with a disability, nationality, and state code of eligibility.
- This opportunity is only available to those who have successfully registered as NEET candidates for that year.
- Candidates can obtain their application form by logging into their account on the NTA NEET official website (remember your registration number and password for this).
NEET exam syllabus and Exam dates updates.
NEET Exam: Preparation tips and tricks for 2022 exam.
Common mistakes that students make during NEET exam preparation.
Habits you must avoid to stay productive.
Share and subscribe blog by email.